[thelist] (FRAMES) Sending parameters to the QueryString of a child

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Tue Jan 28 12:44:14 CST 2003

Tab Alleman wrote:

> Suppose I want to create a link to a frameset, (say, Default.html)
> and one of the child frames contains an ASP script (say, Child1.asp)
> to which I want to send parameters (say, foo=bar) via the
> QueryString.

    The easiest way would be if your frameset document were Default.asp
instead of Default.html. Then you could simply grab the querystring within
the frameset document and write it out server-side as part of the src for
the framed document, e.g.:

<frameset>
    <frame src="Child1.asp<%= Request.QueryString %>">
</frameset>

James Aylard
jaylard at members.evolt.org