[thelist] crash course in PHP/MySQL

Mike Migurski mike at saturn5.com
Tue Jan 28 18:57:01 CST 2003

http://php.net/manual --i've never needed anything more.

>2. What is the thing that provides a GUI for MySQL that mimics SQL
>Server's? (I recall it was written by someone in Germany and have been
>told it's excellent).

You may be thinking of PHPMyAdmin. it's a PHP UI that allows editing SQL
db's via a web browser. I've played with it, and found it to be kind of a
mess - so powerful and featurful, that it doesn't simplify anything, and
you may as well just learn to do everything via the command line UI.

FYI, the New Riders MySQL book by Paul DuBois is an excellent resource.

                 http://www.saturn5.com/mike/contact.html

                "Freedom! Horrible, horrible freedom!"