[thelist] Rosencoaching site review.

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Wed Jan 29 11:07:13 CST 2003

Hi,
<----- Original Message -----
<From: "John Corry" <webshot at members.evolt.org>
<To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
<Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 4:29 PM
<Subject: [thelist] Rosencoaching site review.

<Could you guys please have a look and let me know of glaring oversites,
<good ideas, etc.
< http://www.rosencoaching.com

Basically it looks nice.
I'm not sure about the greek-looking thatch motive going over into water
though, maybe all water would be better...

The strange logo used as a fixed background image doesn't seem to tie in
with anything, what is it? If it's the company logo I'd expect to see it at
the left-top as well.

I run it through Poodle Predictor (shameless plug), to see how it'll show up
in google:

http://gritechnologies.com/tools/spider.go?q=www.rosencoaching.com

At first sight it looks good, but there are a few issues:
All linked pages in the website have the same <title> - you could be adding
some keywords about each page to the title.
All descriptions start with the phrase "Click here to sign up for your free
registration!" when searched by URL, it might keep your descriptions more
interesting if you shortened that alt attribute to: "Free registration!".
Another problem is the menu navigation system.
Although the primary menu is accessible to the search-engine, the secondary
ones are not, so links like
about/benefits/
about/how/
and
about/get_the_most/
will not be spidered from the front page. This could be easily solved by
putting them in a <noscript> tag, just don't make the old "no javascript
enabled" mistake:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22not+have+javascript%22

You can check the diagnostic-view to see what the search-engine sees:
http://gritechnologies.com/tools/diagnostic.go?www.rosencoaching.com

And you could add description and keyword meta tags too, for good measure.

Richard.