[thelist] css design trauma

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 30 07:00:01 CST 2003

Nicky Thompson wrote:
> --
>
>>Lachlan Cannon wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone tell me why in Moz 1.2.1 and Opera 7 the right-hand
>>>left-floated div drops underneath the left-hand one at pretty much
>>>anything smaller than my res of 1152x864?
>>
>>Never mind, I figured out how to get around it myself.
>

> What what tell us!
>
> I'm actually attempting a similar project myself so would be glad of any
> extra help in this area!

Oh, I just got rid of the right 2.5% margin on the right-hand div, and
it stopped collapsing till below 640 x 480. Dunno why, since it works..
actually.. hmm

since borders in percentages didn't work I made borders 'thick' and drew
the percentage of the divs in a little to try to cope... when it was
being shrunk to a smaller area the percentage the lines took up must
have increased enough to push it down.
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/