[thelist] Client troubles

the head lemur headlemur at clearskymail.com
Thu Jan 30 20:54:00 CST 2003

Presentation, Grasshopper, Presentation...

When your clients rebut your figures, say okay.

Ask them
if their cheap site will be valid?
if it will have meta tags?
If the code will be optimized for fast display?
if it will display in other browsers?
if it will be submitted to the search engines?
if the request form
(the Money Page) http://www.alistapart.com/stories/money/
will contain the information they need in a format they can use?
will the cheap guys perform due diligence regarding the competition?

will the cheap guys inform the client of copyright and licensing issues
regarding useage of images owned or provided by third parties?
will they update in a timely manner?
will their cheap guys update them about similar websites?
will the cheap guys provide post launch support?

If the client can answer yes to All of the above questions, send the name of
the cheap guys to me. I will have them build sites for me and sit on my butt
and let the money roll in.

the head lemur
News: http://www.lemurzone.com/news/
Interviews: http://www.lemurzone.com/pixelview/