[thelist] [DB Design] Recursive Directory Structure

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Feb 1 20:58:00 CST 2003

> * expands the entire tree from top to bottom.

hey, that was supposed to be my tip

on my 128meg win2000pro pentium IV (or is it a III?) with nothing other than
outlook express running alongside windows explorer, i get an hourglass for
FORTY-FIVE SECONDS before the tree finally comes back

let me make a suggestion what people do after trying this little trick

they go alt-f4 and never do it again

my point in asking the question in the first place was...

... so if it costs your users GOBS of time before they get to see the
results, and the results are so HUGE, do you really want to offer this
functionality in your application?

rudy