[thelist] contract expiration, project incomplete

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Mon Feb 3 11:46:06 CST 2003

moni_orife wrote:
> I have a contract with a client - overall it's been a very poor
> experience. The contract has expired once already (in october) and
> has now expired once more (end of january).

Well, it obviously depends on the terms of your contract. Nonetheless,
when I've had projects un-reasonably delayed by the client, I simply
and politely let them know that I've done X % of the work and that, if
the ongoing delays are un-avoidable, I understand but that I'd like to
modify the contract so I can get paid X % of the total fee. And then
whenever they're ready to pick up again with the project, I'm happy to
continue work on the matter.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s