[thelist] Compatibility

Rob Whitener rwhitener at DesignOptions.com
Tue Feb 4 10:27:01 CST 2003

Thanks for the help, I have the link to the css validator so I think I will
take your advice.  Do you have any idea
what is the most prevalent version of Opera in use.  I see they have 7 out
now, but will most users have that, or should I try and test in an earlier
browser for safety?

Thanks

Rob
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 10:32 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Compatibility

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:17:46 -0500, Rob Whitener
<rwhitener at DesignOptions.com> wrote:

> I am trying to be a good web programmer and ensure browser compatibility.
> I just downloaded a trial of Opera 3.5 and saw that my website doesn't
> exactly look nice.

DOH! Its currently at Version 7, which you can download from
http://www.opera.com/ :-)

> A sliding, drop down menu that I have is pushed all the way to the top of
> the page and it doesn't slide, or drop down.  It is based on CSS from
> Peter Paul Koch's website.  Does anyone know anything about opera and CSS
> compatibility?

Its very good at CSS in its current incarnation.

> http://www.designoptions.com/newsite/home.htm

The menu doesnt slide with the page, but the sub-menus all work. Otherwise
it looks the same as it does in IE6.

You could try validating your code to see if that improves matters.

HTH,

--
Olly
http://planetgnarly.com/