[thelist] Adding Custom Info to Primary Keys in SQL

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Wed Feb 5 09:27:00 CST 2003

Rudy said:

> no can do

> however, you can create a view of the table, and then use the
> view instead of the table in your join queries

Thanks, Rudy. That makes sense. It turns out that I really didn't need
to do this, I just wasn't comprehending the join command.

Now, the next question is, can I apply a name to a joined table?  If
not, then I'm going to have to create a third table from the data in two
other tables, in order to use a scrolling function. *sigh*