[thelist] onClick="open problem

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Wed Feb 5 12:39:00 CST 2003

But I should! Scripts run as owner=me and I can do most anything
there that I want; run scrips, FTP up/down, CHMOD etc.

> A plain HTML page would never cause a 500 error unless
> some handler was being used.  A look at the error log would
> probably give you a better idea of why this error is being
> generated, but I don't know if you have access to the error log...

Yep - not much clue. Here's the line created when this is called:

12.84.142.85 - - [05/Feb/2003:12:29:06 -0600] "GET
/cgi-bin/store/html/images/1014.html HTTP/1.1" 500 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0; AIRF)"

Does this show you anything?

> The Javascript suggestion had nothing to do with fixing the
> 500 error, so that doesn't surprise me.  I'm pretty sure if you
> move the file to some location that you can actually fetch/verify
> with a browser, it will also work here, with your Javascript/perl/etc.

It does work just fine if the html/jpg are in /(root), so I'd agree
that the Javascript isn't the issue. I'm about to give up, but
it's a shame. The online application (cart) has upload ability
in the Admin area, but the file(s) are put in the /images
directory. That's why I want to access it from there. If I can't,
I'll be forced to have my user learn an FTP program - yuk!

Thanks again for your thoughts. I give this about 3 hours more
and I'm done with it :-)

Hugh