[thelist] Synthesised speech on the web

Tim Burgan someboganthatgoesbythenameoftim at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:29:01 CST 2003

You may be interested in looking at http://www.sonify.org - specifically
www.sonify.org/flashsound

The way in which audio is delivered using this technique required Macromedia
Flash (www.macromedia.com).

This may not be exactly what you're looking for as I assume you want the
software to read written text in a html document without you personally
having to record the audio yourself.

Good luck. If anyone has any other suggestions I would be very interested
also to increase usability.

Cheers

Tim Burgan