[thelist] MS Java VM

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Feb 6 08:51:01 CST 2003

Hi Chris,

I ran into this just yesterday; setting up MS Index Server. The
documentation for IIS required MS Java Virtual Machine to view its tab
thingy on the left (i.e. search, index, contents, etc).

I went to add/remove programs, and Installed Index Server off the Windows NT
4.0 Option Pack CD. I was able to view the documentation for IIS after that.
It must have installed the MS Java VM for me. I've not looked what else is
on the CD yet as far as an actual Installation for the software, but it was
my solution.

HTH,

Rob.Smith

<snip>
I am setting up a windows box for some web testing, but I need MS Java
VM for someting.  I have searched the MS site but due to the lawsuit,
they have taken it down.  Does anyone know where else this might be
available from?  Unfortunately, the program I need requires MS Java VM,
or so the instructions say.

Thanks

Chris
</snip>