[thelist] Site check: www.rspb.org.uk

Cake cake at brothercake.com
Thu Feb 6 17:39:00 CST 2003

Beautiful man, just beautiful :)

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Bird, Graham
Sent: 06 February 2003 10:27
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: [thelist] Site check: www.rspb.org.uk

Hi,

I am responsible for the design of www.rspb.org.uk which re-launched
yesterday. Please cast a (not too) critical eye over it.

(For some nice content, see www.rspb.org.uk/birds/atoz/)

A little background - it's a major UK conservation charity site produced
in house by a very small team.

It is tableless CSS and XHTML Transitional and has been tested on a
variety of browsers on PC and Mac. Our "legacy browser" percentage
amounts to about 5% (2% NN4, 3% NN3 plus stragglers) and as a result we
decided to use the re-design opportunity to take standards and
accessibility seriously. Our fully compatible audience is close to 70%,
and we have a remaining 25%ish with NND (Negligable Noticeable
Difference).

I know there are some issues to deal with (not validating yet,
accessibility could be tweaked, CSS could be better in places, and so
on) but I would really appreciate some general impressions along with
anyone's specific browser issues.

I know that this post should have been sent weeks ago (after all, we
have already gone live), but you know how it is. And through the power
of CSS I can make changes "like that". :)

Anyway, if you can spare a few minutes...be kind.

Many thanks,

Graham

P.S. It may look a bit skeletal in terms of content. This is only
temporary (the content slaves are churning as we speak).

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/