[thelist] AOL email links - wtf

Beam sbeam at syxyz.net
Fri Feb 7 09:50:01 CST 2003

Hey I have a client who reports that certain URLs embedded in emails coming
from their site are not showing up as clickable links in AOL 7.0 and 8.0.
I've researched this as much as I can but can only find the usual stuff about
using the <a> tag for AOL - and that this applies to AOL version 5.0 and
earlier only:
http://webmaster.info.aol.com/htmlemail.html

I have the usual stuff in the emails, i.e:
http://www.somelink.net/something/something
(<a href="http://www.somelink.net/something/something">For AOL users click
here</a>)

Does anyone have a tried-and-true tip for getting around the AOL email mess? I
know you have to compromise somewhat but I can't find anything else to do.
Tanks
-S