[thelist] Creating Directories in ASP

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Feb 7 11:39:10 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Baratta" <Anthony at Baratta.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 8:11 PM

> At 10:54 AM 2/6/2003, frank wrote:
> >I am working on an application where I want to have the user sign
> >up for an account, and then have it create a directory on the
> >server automatically for them and then transfer files into that
> >directory using ASP.  Can anyone help point me in the right
> >direction?
>
> I would get this component:
>
> http://www.softartisans.com/safilemanager.html
>
> Also, I would use a DB to make these user account setups async. Dump the
> info into the DB, have a cron process come by and process the requests.

Frank,

You may be able to use the FileSystemObject.  It's built into ASP out of the
box and is fairly simple to use.  You do need to make sure that the account
logged into IIS has writes to create folders and copy the files into the
folder since the FSO works under the security context of the person logged
in.

Here's more information on FSO:

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp

HTH,