[thelist] Re: another google question

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Fri Feb 7 11:42:01 CST 2003

Yes, its true that identical documents can cause a penalty, but I have
transferred sites many times (from asp to php for example) and never
incurred a penalty.

Redirect penalties only apply to incoming pages, or redirecting to a
different subdomain, such as www -> www1

As long as you don¹t TRY to fool the SE spiders, you wont get penalized

On 2/7/03 6:48 AM, "thelist-request at lists.evolt.org"
<thelist-request at lists.evolt.org> wrote:

>> My quandary is that  DMOZ.org implies that having identical documents
>> in multiple locations may throw up a penalty, and have read elsewhere
>> that if a request redirects the browser to a different location, this
>> may completely remove the listing. So I seem damned either way.

Cayley Vos, Principal
office: 310-372-3086
cell: 360-303-0150
http://netpaths.net