[thelist] Site check

Gijs van Tulder evolt at gmx.net
Fri Feb 7 14:57:01 CST 2003

> From: Ed McCarroll
> When I mouse over the "ROOSTER", "VAKKEN", etc, menus, the whole
> rest of the page jumps down to make room for the submenu bar.  To
> me, that's distracting.  I would look for a way to have the bar
> be there all the time, so there's no need to push everything down
> to make room.

> From: patrick
> And the nav bar popping down on rollover is a bit distressing.
> Everything on the page moves below it. Maybe leave the bar
> visible all the time....with a friendly 'good morning/afternoon'
> greeting?

That's a good idea. I'll think about a suitable text to put on the bar.

> I don't know if this has anything to do with your site, per se,
> but the first time I clicked on one of the images, the current
> window transformed itself into a small popup, showing a larger
> version of the image, and a new window tried to open displaying
> the home page.  My Popup-Stopper blocked the original page from
> opening; it was weird.  This happened a couple of times, and then
> I closed and reopened the browser, which made the problem go away.

That must have something to do with your Popup-Stopper and my site. If you
click on the images, a popup should appear containing a larger version of
the image. The popup window should then resize to match the size of the
image. If your browser doesn't support JavaScript, the link opens the larger
image page in the current window. This must have happened when your
Popup-Stopper blocked the popup. As a result of this, the JavaScript on the
larger image page resized the current browser window to a smaller size. I
don't know why the home page tried to open in a new popup.

I now added a target-attribute to the popup-link, so clicking on the link
will open a new window.

Thanks for your comments,

Gijs