[thelist] HTCs: Differences between servers

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Fri Feb 7 17:27:27 CST 2003

From: ".jeff" <jeff at members.evolt.org>
>the next thing i'd check is the http headers created when directly
>requesting the file from the server.  do the request on both servers and see
>if there are any noticeable differences.

When I request the page on localhost, it comes back ok (and even alerts the alertbox I put in there to see if the page was loading).  Localhost still has the MIME type explicitly defined.  The QA box pops up the "do you want to download or save this file". I have no idea how the QA box is set up with regards to MIME types. My guess is that the MIME Type isn't specified. (Although, when I remove the MIME type from localhost, the behavior is the same).

Also, I believe I forgot to mention that other HTCs seem to work fine.  As far as we can tell, there are only 2 that don't work correctly (both are related to "links" [i.e., things people would click on]).

I really appreciate the suggestions.  I probably won't be back on this till Sunday, so I'll try any other suggestions then.

Scott