[thelist] (yet another) site check, please

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Mon Feb 10 20:26:00 CST 2003

On February 10, 2003 at 17:43, j.d. welch wrote:

> i've been working on my personal site (http://kitschparade.ath.cx)
> so: does it work?  beyond the technical, is there a strong sense of
> consistent style?
Looks great in Win98 IE6, I really like the way you used the greens and 1px
borders on the blog pages. Keeping the header w/links and the structure/boxes
the same on each page is allowing you to be more artistic with colour - there is
no doubt I'm on the same site for each page tho'.

> browsers, and degrades badly in netscape 4, but i'm fine with this;
Most of my clients are now too, hopefully it's *almost* dead.

> please report on any errors with windows/linux/other-unix browsers and
> any general commentary you have.
Works okay with text browser like Lynx, was able to surf around no problem. Of
course just got the html code for I-Frame stuff etc., but see that all the time
anyways with that browser.

 i'm also curious how others have
> handled similar situations, since it seems to me a more challenging
> exercise than starting from scratch.
Yup, it's always harder debugging/modifying someone else's code. Sometimes
worth the effort when you consider how long something from scratch would take
even though at the time your brain is turning to mush trying to figure out what the
#!&#@ they were thinking using that particular function that way.

Regards,

	Mark Groen

MG Web Services