[thelist] ISAPI_Rewrite and hiding querystring parameters

Craig cd-ml at aardvark.net.au
Tue Feb 11 10:03:29 CST 2003

Hi all,

sorry if this question sounds a bit weird, but it's late here.

I'm using ISAPI_Rewrite under IIS5.1.  Currently, I have a ASP page called
'showimage.asp', which in it's basic mode just grabs the string from the
querystring parameter and inserts it in the HREF part of an IMG tag.

the URL looks like: showimage.asp?image=blah.gif

Is it possible with ISAPI_Rewrite to rewrite it so it doesn't show the qs
parameters in the URL?

so, i would like: showimage.asp?image=blah.gif
to actually appear to the user as: showimage.asp

I don't think this is possible, but I'd thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Craig.