[thelist] Remember Me Option -Cookies

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Tue Feb 11 15:42:01 CST 2003

<snip>
the online php manual is *great* for learning new functions.
Try: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setcookie.php
*note* below the official function explanation are a whole bunch of user
submitted comments. These can contain extremely helpful information such
as code snippets, function pitfalls / quirks and general instruction on
implementing the functions.
</snip

I am trying to add a "Remember Me" functionality to my login. I see these
all over the place - even on Evolt.org.

The cookie section of the PHP manual is not helping me so far, or maybe I am
too new to decipher the solution from the information suggested.

I am having trouble tying the code to the "Remember Me" checkbox. Also, when
do I write the cookie, when do I get the value of the cookie, and how do I
populate the username and password fields with the cookie info when the
checkbox is "checked"??? Are all these things tied to the "Login" or Submit
button. All questions I need help with!!!

I am using PHP for my login script and mySQL for the database.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks,

markJ