[thelist] O'Reilly Network's Safari Bookshelf

dogfood lists at kaipahl.de
Wed Feb 12 04:42:01 CST 2003

Michael Barrett wrote:
> I respect O'Reilly publications, and I expect that they have put
> together a decent service, but I am slightly dismayed at not having
> access to a dead-tree version of any literature I'd be paying for.
> Unless of course I want to buy a lot of printer ink.

on the other hand i was quite surprised when they offered me a week ago an
"upgrade" price for the new "actionscript MX -- the definitive guide", after
having bought and registered the first edition of ASDG 1-2years ago.

this was the first time a book-publisher offered me a discount for
upgrading. definetely a good idea which sets o'reilly apart from other
publishers!

bye
kai

--