[thelist] getURL isn't Getting a URL (Flash 4) Solved

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Feb 12 14:03:01 CST 2003

<snip>
"file://" is the protocol, and even though there's no host component,
you should still have to provide the root slash. I'm not entirely sure
if this will work at all on Windows. How about a relative path like
'folder/file.html', where 'folder' is a directory at the same level as
your flash movie?
</snip>

I added the extra forward slash. Still didn't work, then I tried:
Get URL(""file:///folder/file.html"", window="_blank")
  I got an error that time from IE.. getting warmer
Get URL("'file:///folder/file.html'", window="_blank")
  another error from http://'file:///folder/file.html' warmer still
Get URL("movie1.swf", window="_blank")
  an IE window appears with "movie1.swf" playing. getting hotter
Get URL("folder/file.html", window="_blank")
  and the angels sang!

Solution: remove the absolute reference to relative.

Thanks Shawn for the help!

Rob.Smith