[thelist] RE: The Latest-- Tracert Help?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Feb 13 13:40:01 CST 2003

At 11:23 AM 2/13/2003, Gina Anderson wrote:

>I'm not sure where to go now, but I still can't get to my site or email
>through the domain or IP address.
>
>Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I appreciate the help more than
>you could imagine.

With that info, go back to your hosting ISP and start bugging them. See if
the hosting ISP can ping and trace route your cable modem's IP. Bug them
with the same questions about fire walls and IP Filtering.

Do you have a shell account with any "other" ISP?? If so you can use that
to prove that everyone but your IPs can get to the box.

It's a pain in the butt when things like this happen, and you have to
triangulate for the people that should know better (much less solve the
problem for them). Good Luck.
--
Anthony Baratta
President