[thelist] Sessions

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Feb 14 12:07:02 CST 2003

Ian Cannonier wrote:

> Does anybody know of a good book or web tutorial that deals with
> creating/using sessions in Tomcat - 4.0.6-le-jdk14 /
> I'm trying to replicate session management used in ASP in XSP.

mmm, never heard of XSP, but a google finds:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/02/22/jsp_servlets.html

with this relevant paragraph:

"JSP and XSP share many of the same built-in objects. ... The request
and response are available with a slight change to the wrapper provided
in Cocoon. ... HttpSession and ServletContext are provided as well."

So presumably all the normal methods of the Session object are also
available.

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.