[thelist] Is BrowserCam costing (RE: Mike H's mac test)

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Fri Feb 14 13:37:15 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 08:34, Olly Hodgson wrote:
> Nah, I got it too. I think the authentication requester just addled up some
> of the browsers for a while. It went away when I tried again later.

John,

Also in the spirit of constructive criticism (I think browserCam is a
brilliant idea), this is probably one of the biggest issues you'll run
into - it appears at the moment that it's a bit too easy to crash /
confuse your testboxes by pointing them to sites which do strange or
unusual things.  And then it breaks the service for everyone else until
the boxes recover.  In my test I ran into this on a couple of browsers:
Netscape 4.08 had completely crashed, so none of my tests ran on it, and
AOL was still busy trying to install a Flash plugin from someone else's
earlier run, so I didn't see my site on it either.

hope this is helpful.

Carl