[thelist] MySQL data Sync'ing Backup

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Sun Feb 16 23:28:01 CST 2003

I need a way to backup my data from a remote server
(evolt) on my own server. I've done this in the past
by dumping data and importing on my own server, but
there's gotta be a faster way or even better, a tool
I can use. Without getting ahead of myself, is
sync'ing data complicated? Are there any links I can
look at, possibly open-source/free software I can use
to play around and possible have my own sync'ed DB
(or is it a master/slave configuration?). I'm using
MySQL.

thanks,
aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]