[thelist] Backing up Remote Folders, was Server Backup System

Steve Hasz steve at roatanet.com
Mon Feb 17 14:18:01 CST 2003

Hi,

<<I posted a question a couple of weeks ago that asked how to do this
(with cuteFTP) and got no response from theList. Can you enlighten us on
how this is acheived with cuteFTP? Their documentation was NO help to me.>>

It looks like you can do it this way:

Backing up remote folders
You can schedule CuteFTP Pro to regularly create copies of remote files and
folders on your local computer.  You can also compress the backup
automatically with CuteFTP Pro.

To backup a remote folder
On the menu bar, click Tools > Backup Remote Folder(s).

Enter the local path for the backup folder in Local backup folder.

Enter the path to the remote folder you wish to replicate in Remote path for
backup.

Select Include subfolders to backup all folders within the target folder.

Choose a compression scheme from the Compression list.

To set a time or to arrange repeated backups click the Schedule button and
continue with step 7.  To start a single backup event skip to step 10.

Select Schedule the current item and choose a starting date and time.
Select Enable recurrence and select how often you want the backup to repeat.

Click OK.
Click Start

You could also use folder syncronization, but I don't see how in CuteFTP
this would be done in a rolling fashion, so you aren't continually
overwriting things every time it syncs.

Best,
Steve