[thelist] Cold Fusion, Q-Mail, Spool Files

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Feb 18 01:32:01 CST 2003

At 02:01 AM 2/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>First thing to do is contact your ISP and find out what its rules are
>for mass emails.  Then, conform to them.  Simply injecting 500K mails
>into qmail's stream isn't going to do this.  You need specialized
>software that is designed for handling large mailing lists, such as
>Mailman.

Ah! Nice pointer. I'll check it out. For what it's worth, by the way, we
aren't dealing with spam, so I appreciate the pointer to the
politics/legalities of the situation.  And yes, the trick is to do it all
while being a good citizen. We will be sending exclusively to pre-qualified
and pre-approved lists. It's just that the list are large, and many.

If you've got more insight into these other matters, I'm all ears.