[thelist] Project/contractors/billing management, what's everyone doing?

Steve Hasz steve at roatanet.com
Tue Feb 18 18:49:01 CST 2003

Dear Group,

Does anyone use an online customer/project/billing management system?  I
don't need it to integrate into customer control panels, but would like it
to keep track of customers and their info, including payments, billable
hours spent, and possibly also have an email billing interface, where I can
generate a bill and they get it as an attached HTML file.  A system for
contractor work completed and payment area would be nice as well.  With the
contractors, they should get an email when they are assigned a task and if
there is a login for them, I should get an email when the task is completed,
much like how eproject.com works.

I installed the app at phpaga.net, but before I spend the time/money to
rework it for better project management and HTML sent bills (uses PHP/PEAR
and prefers PostgreSQL-I prefer plain vanilla PHP/MySQL), I'd like to see
what everyone else is doing or has an app I could start with.  I'd prefer
open source, runs on LAMP server, solution.

Since I became a laptop nomad, I need to migrate everything online.  I'm not
talking about a complex solution and I'm sure a lot of small webshops have
this issue.  I'd prefer not to use multiple apps.

Best regards,
Steve
www.roatanet.com - Visitors Guide to Roatan and the Bay Islands
www.travel-to-honduras.com - Your Travel Guide to Honduras