[thelist] php query

Jason Handby jasonh at pavilion.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 06:52:04 CST 2003

> > Do you have a URL which explains the ANSI style clearly? I tend to use
> > the former method myself as well, and would like to understand the
> > differences
>
> here's one which does not explain the difference so much as justify it
> (bottom line: it's easier, and the old style will be dropped in sql server
> some day) --
<snip>

I particularly liked this argument in favour of JOIN...ON, which I spotted
on http://www.sqlmag.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=9456 :

I always use the JOIN...ON style. It increases server performance. Here's
why:

I figure the JOIN style improves readability and reduces bugs. With the
reduction in bugs, I spend less labor on coding and debugging and QA, saving
me money. I take the money and buy more processing power on my server.

QED

Jason