[thelist] WSH: Arrays within classes failing

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Feb 20 18:47:01 CST 2003

Hi,

I am using cscript.exe to execute a VBS file.  My example file is this:

Class test
  Public testing(7)
End Class

Set foo = new test
foo.testing(0) = "test"

The code looks ok, but it only runs on some machines.  On my local machine
it's fine, but on the server it fails.  The error message is:

---------------------------
Windows Script Host
---------------------------
Script: C:\test.vbs
Line: 6
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'foo.testing'
Code: 800A01B6
Source:  Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Any ideas why the code would fail on some servers and not others?  I've
tried this on WSH 5.1 and 5.6 and the outcome is the same.

Please help!

Thanks

-joshua