[thelist] A:Active Working Example?

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Mon Feb 24 14:37:01 CST 2003

On Mon February 24 2003 2:10 pm, Rob Smith wrote:
> So, ;-) I supposed I could implement some sort of: check
> URL for page title, if it matches link A, then use a different class.
>
> Throwing my hands in the air and walking off the scene,

my friend's example does that. The pages reside on the server, right? So,
where else would you go to ask for a comparison of thispage.html and
thatpage.html? You'd go to the server, or that's what the code does.

Client walks in and asks for thispage.html and the server looks at the list of
available pages, compares the requested page with the available page(s), and
says, oh, here ya go:

The php script my friend wrote does that by looking at the available pages and
then serves up the appropriate navigation and code. As pages are added to the
site, I create the page, name it, then add that name to the php file that's
included on each page and poof! there it is.

http://ultimateactionsports.com/ -- o.k., not the slickest site on earth, but
it uses this css/php navigation so I can add and remove pages from one file
instead of hand-coding the links and classes on each page.