[thelist] Dynamic Anchors in ColdFusion & IE

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Wed Feb 26 01:00:01 CST 2003

> You have some very strange hashing on the link with the href...
>
> Count the opens and closes... it doesn't look right to me.

href="http://www.url.com/blinkComments.cfm?blinkID=#qBlink.blinkID###Com
ment#qCommentDisplay.commentID#"

?blinkID=#qBlink.blinkID#  <--opened, closed correctly

##  <--2 are required to represent a single # while in ColdFusion; this
is calling the anchor

Comment#qCommentDisplay.commentID#  <--this is saying "Comment42" (as an
example).  Anchors cannot start with numbers, therefore it must have a
unique identifier.

It works correctly; that's not the main problem.  The main problem is
that IE drops the anchor value.

Anyway, are you seeing something different in my URL than what I have
described?

Russ