[thelist] Idea: Distributed CMS.

James Baster james at thesinner.co.uk
Wed Feb 26 07:12:30 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Cannon" <p+evolt at redbrick.dcu.ie>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Idea: Distributed CMS.

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 11:00:42PM -0000, James Baster wrote:
> > Heres info about an Idea I have: I'm posting it here get feedback on it.
> > do have techinical thoughts on how this would work, but that's for
later:
> > for now, what do you all think of the idea? Would people find it
useful -
> > would it work?
> >

> Yea, I think it worked quite well.
> Remember NNTP & Usenet?
>
> It actually seems to cover most of what you're talking about.
> It'd just be a matter of making a nice front-end to it.

In my experince of running a site at my University, I'd want something over
which I could have some control over what was posted and whom had access. My
site forces new members to authenticate on a university email address, for
instance.

While I talked a lot about sharing of content and spreading it around, the
flip side of that is that the site owner will be able to control his website
and control where his content goes. And thats an important part to, I think.