[thelist] CSS background problems

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Thu Feb 27 09:42:00 CST 2003

Becky

A number of points...

> Hi, I saw your email online. I'm having problems setting my
> CSS background to black. THe font color works and everything,
> but the background does not work. Here is what I've put:

[..]

I pasted your code into an html document.

1) In IE6/XPPro the body's background color as set was reflected in the
rendering.
2) You are not setting it to black, rather a very dark gray.
3) You close the <style> tag twice.
4) You do not close the <html> tag at all.

If this info is of no use in troubleshooting perhaps you could include a
URL/updated code and an indication of what color the background shows up
as and your browser/platform combination.

Regards

Chris Marsh