[thelist] Help with searchable recipe site

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Feb 27 13:47:01 CST 2003

Merlene Paynter Blacha asked:

>>I've been asked to help create a searchable recipe site, much like
>>http://www.recipesource.com and have no idea where to begin.

Hi Merlene,

There are probably several ways you could go with this, and I'd probably
go with a database solution because I'm not that familiar with site
index servers or site search engine contruction.

Are you starting from scratch or is this an enhancement to an existing
recipe site?

What platform and tools will be available to you in terms of databases or
back-end scripting languages?

How many recipes are they planning to put on the site?  Do those recipes
exist today in some electronic format (word? pdf? other?) or are they
all going to have to be typed in by hand anyway?

RonL.