[thelist] Resizable Fonts

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 27 18:50:01 CST 2003

> I'm working on a site that must have the ability to resize
> fonts.  I'm just wondering what the preferred method is
> these days?  The site will be liquid and will continue to
> use tables.  It must function in NS4.x browsers but we're
> not going to worry at all if it doesn't look "great".
> Our target will be IE5.5+ and NS6.0+.

Use Ems and and %'s for font-size. Users can set their preferred
font-size through their browser:
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingEms

and more on the front page, regarding text sizing:
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FrontPage

Alternatively you could exercise pixel perfect control and offer
a JS solution to text-resizing like http://www.wired.com does.

aleem

[ http://aleembawany.com/ ]