[thelist] Resizable Fonts

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 27 19:30:01 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 06:33  PM, Michele Foster wrote:
> I'm working on a site that must have the ability to resize fonts.

Given your target browsers, the site's fonts will have the ability to
resize fonts even if you _don't_ want them to be resizable ...
personally, I find WIRED's text size links to be ... irritating - seems
more gadgety than useful. A link to a page explaining how to resize
fonts via the browser would not only solve any readability problems for
visitors to that site, but readability problems for visitors to the WWW.

Otherwise, I would opt for Hasshan's suggestion for a server-side
solution. Thought there was an evolt hot-to, but could only find this:

<http://www.alistapart.com/stories/phpswitch/>

Wasn't there talk once on thesite about doing this for evolt?

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development