[thelist] Discussion software

Tobyn Baugher toby at rsux.com
Thu Feb 27 22:24:01 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 27, 2003 10:24 PM +0000 Liam Delahunty
<ldelahunty at britstream.com> wrote:

> I've just tried http://www.invisionboard.com and think it's excellent.

Normally I'd second this. We use an old version on one of the message
boards I frequent and it seems much more efficient than most PHP+MySQL
message board software while still retaining all of the nifty features.

Unfortunately, it seems that the latest version has a remote file
inclusion vulnerability (according to Bugtraq). This sort of thing lets
attackers execute any PHP code they like as the webserver user. If I
were going to try it out I'd be sure to get the proper patch here

http://www.phpsecure.org/index.php?zone=pPatchA&sAlpha=i

or perhaps just wait for an updated version.

Other than that, I like it a lot.

Regards,

Toby

--