[thelist] IE6 rendering problems (was: Re: Welcome to the "thelist" mailing list)

Luke.Hilton at boimail.com Luke.Hilton at boimail.com
Fri Feb 28 03:48:01 CST 2003

--

Kristina,

I have a screen capture of a page that is experiencing the problem.  See
below.

You will notice the spacer graphics appearing to the left of the Copy right
in the footer and to the left of the Welcome message.

This is what the page looks like when you open it.  If you hit reload the
problem usually disappears, but does regurlarly return.  This is the hom
epage of the Bnk Of Ireland intranet.  Thought it could be just a problem
internally, but the problem occurs wiht external website.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Luke

(See attached file: capture.gif)

 (Embedded     »Name   Luke Hilton
 image moved
 to file:
 pic22648.gif)

               »Email  luke.hilton at boimail.com

               »Unit   Group Corporate
                       Communications

               »Phone  + 353 1 604 3323

|         |           Luke.Hilton at boimai|
|         |           l.com             |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           thelist-admin at list|
|         |           s.evolt.org       |
|         |           28/02/2003 09:29  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           thelist           |

Kristina,

I have a screen capture of a page that is experiencing the problem.  See
below.

You will notice the spacer graphics appearing to the left of the Copy right
in the footer and to the left of the Welcome message.

This is what the page looks like when you open it.  If you hit reload the
problem usually disappears, but does regurlarly return.  This is the hom
epage of the Bnk Of Ireland intranet.  Thought it could be just a problem
internally, but the problem occurs wiht external website.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Luke

 (Embedded     »Name   Luke Hilton
 image moved
 to file:
 pic29658.gif)

               »Email  luke.hilton at boimail.com

               »Unit   Group Corporate
                       Communications

               »Phone  + 353 1 604 3323

|         |           kristina          |
|         |           <ml at kfxdesign.net>|
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           thelist-admin at list|
|         |           s.evolt.org       |
|         |           28/02/2003 09:28  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           thelist           |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

<thelist at lists.evolt.org>                                                |
  |        cc:
|
  |        Subject: [thelist] IE6 rendering problems (was: Re: Welcome to
the "thelist" mailing list)                             |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Luke

  Welcome to thelist

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, at 17:01:44 [GMT +0000]
Luke.Hilton at boimail.com wrote:

LHbc> Just upgraded to IE6 from IE5.5 and now are
LHbc> experiencing some funny syptoms with page
LHbc> rendering. When previewing a page from a
LHbc> fresh browser window spacer graphics that
LHbc> are clear are displayed. When I say
LHbc> displayed I see the outline, but beveled.
LHbc> This happens on most web pages, but if you
LHbc> refresh the page the problem disappears.

  do you have a link?

  More information is definitely required here...

  Also you would help yourself by having a more
  appropriate subject, as thelist is relatively
  high volume many members of thelist scan through
  the emails received by the subject line, and
  delete any that they are not interested in, and
  by doing so may have missed this message.

--
hth
.kristina

kfxdesign.net

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailMonitor at isismail.ie and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
 for the presence of known computer viruses.

[ pic04639.pcx was deleted, please don't send attachments with your
message. ]
--
[ pic29658.gif was deleted, please don't send attachments with your
message. ]

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailMonitor at isismail.ie and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
 for the presence of known computer viruses.

[ =?iso-8859-1?Q?capture.gif?= was deleted, please don't send attachments with your message. ]
--
[ pic22648.gif was deleted, please don't send attachments with your message. ]