[thelist] putting a website onto cd/dvd

Jeniffer C. Johnson lead at offlead.com
Sat Mar 1 07:29:01 CST 2003

I don't know if this is possible or not. I'm interested in taking a website
and dropping it onto CD. Better yet, I'd LIKE to be able to drop it onto
DVD, and actually have it run for someone without a browser on a computer.
In other words, is it possible, through some magic application, to turn the
files of a website into an executable of sorts, that launches when you play
a dvd, and which becomes navigable using the remote control buttons like a
"real" dvd? (Think photo album, of sorts, and wanting to transfer that into
something that can be sent out to the relatives to enjoy without them
having to log onto the web.)

TIA,
Jeniffer