[thelist] putting a website onto cd/dvd

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 09:14:01 CST 2003

> I don't know if this is possible or not. I'm interested in
> taking a website
> and dropping it onto CD. Better yet, I'd LIKE to be able to
> drop it onto
> DVD, and actually have it run for someone without a browser
> on a computer.
> In other words, is it possible, through some magic
> application, to turn the
> files of a website into an executable of sorts, that launches
> when you play
> a dvd, and which becomes navigable using the remote control
> buttons like a
> "real" dvd? (Think photo album, of sorts, and wanting to
> transfer that into
> something that can be sent out to the relatives to enjoy without them
> having to log onto the web.)
>
> TIA,
> Jeniffer

You might be able to do this by making an AVI of your web site and
creating a VCD.  But I don't think you'll get to the point where it will
work like a DVD movie in a DVD player.

In case you lower your sights a bit and go for the "website on a CD to
be browsed on a PC option", this should prove useful:

http://www.phdcc.com/spy-cd/cdroms.htm

HTH

Tony