[thelist] Timed Chat Applet

David Bindel dbindel at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 00:09:01 CST 2003

Yeah, that's what I'm scared of.  I would suggest a messaging system
where the doctor and patient could send email-like messages back and
forth on the website (i.e. private messages), but that kind of makes
the doctor's service price-less (literally).  I don't know what to
do.

> > IMO, option #1 would be not only easier, but more secure also
> > since  the user must prepay.
>
> It seems to me your client would want _everything_ secure as
> people generally like conversations with their doctor to be
> private.

What I meant by 'security' was that the patient would have to secure
their funds before they would be allowed in.  Of course the
conversations would be in private!

> As the word is out that I'm thelist's full-on Macromedia
> whore, so it will come as no surprise that I would opt for
> Flash: <http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/flashcom/articles/
> first_comm_app.html>

I'll take a look at it, but I'm not any good with Flash (yet).

> ... or good ol' HTML and JavaScript.

I once tried that when I was a little kid... Heh

Thanks for the input,
David Bindel

- --
    David I. Bindel