[thelist] Session Variables are Getting Assassinated :-\

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Mar 3 14:01:01 CST 2003

Hey Ron,

This sounds about right. However, I've since added session.Abandon() on the
home page to force a new session for SBUID to reload with a new variable.
But, my session variables are as you said, are causing a collision still and
the system/server is killing all session variables while the users browser
is still open. And on some instances, some pages are remembering 2) in your
step process. I have no idea how my code could have gotten out of whack this
bad. (And its so simple too)

So my comment for this posting is how do you test for uniqueness? Is there a
session.id field I can check against?

Rob

<snip>
2) The change to [user token + 'Europe'] would be okay.
3) The change back to [user token + 'Americas'] could trip a collision
error since that "step one" session was never closed.
</snip>