[thelist] mime types and .htaccess question

Support Team alan at lmix.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 08:53:04 CST 2003

Hi

We are using a script to provide web space to our members. This creates sub
directories (one for each user)
IE     site.com/home/USER1
or     site.com/home/USER2

I have created a .htaccess file in the home directories to stop hot linking
and to remove some handlers for cgi and php.

What would happen if a user uploads there own .htaccess file. Can they then
override my security settings and add there own handlers.

If so is there a way to stop this. I want to make sure everything is as
secure as possible.
The problem is I don't have access to the httpd.conf file on the server.

Thanks in advance for any help

Alan
Support: http://www.taghome.co.uk/support
Support: support at taghome.co.uk