[thelist] DOM: Counting node of type 1?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Mar 5 10:38:01 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saila, Craig" <Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 10:33 AM

> Frank wrote:
> > I have a div containing id'd spans, indented by a tab. Moz
> > counts the tabs as a text node (which I suppose is correct).
>
> More on this, and a workaround:
> <http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/technote/whitespace/>

Holy cow, what a mess.

This settles it, I'm only using spaces for indent!  This is by far the best
argument yet.

<tip type="Paying Bills" author="Joshua Olson">
If you're like me (lazy on domestic issues) then you may benefit to changing
your bank to one that supports online bill pay if you aren't already.  One
such example--in the US--is Bank of America.  The service is free and
actually seems to work quite well.  In some cases they are able to establish
direct connections with the other institution so that the payment only takes
2 days instead of the normal 5.  They can typically do this for mortgages,
cars loans, credit cards, some utilities, etc.  Otherwise, they mail out a
check on your behalf AT NO EXPENSE.

I now spend about 5 minutes each month paying bills and don't have to worry
about buying stamps.  How cool is that?!
</tip>

-joshua