[thelist] using CSS on file upload "Browse..." button

Sarah Sweeney ssweeney at w3internet.com
Wed Mar 5 12:48:01 CST 2003

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the appearance, using CSS, of
the "Browse..." button in an HTML form file upload field? I did a search of
thelist and there were only a couple of messages about this, with no
apparent resolution...

Also, if I want to define a style just for <input> tags of a certain type
(e.g. type="button"), how would I specify this in CSS? Are there
pseudo-classes for these types, or would I just have to create a class for
each?

TIA

Sarah