[thelist] Relevancy Algorithm for ASP

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Mar 5 16:53:01 CST 2003

>CONTAINS([column], 'FORMSOF (INFLECTIONAL, [input]) ')

This really doesn't work to my desirability. Interesting Concept whoever
developed it though. It uses stuff like:

Kit

and finds stuff like

Kitten, Kitchen, Kitty, Kits, etc... but real words. I want it to be smart
enough to find this along with other weird characters too

For example (is one I'm hashing out now)

SELECT FT_TBL.ProductAuto, FT_TBL.ProductID, FT_TBL.ProductDesc,
KEY_TBL.RANK
FROM         dbo.Product FT_TBL INNER JOIN
  CONTAINSTABLE(Product, ProductID, 'B4X-15140 and 15140', 10) KEY_TBL ON _
  FT_TBL.ProductAuto = KEY_TBL.[KEY]
WHERE  CONTAINS(FT_TBL.ProductID, 'FORMSOF(INFLECTIONAL,"B4X-15140 and
15140")')
ORDER BY KEY_TBL.RANK DESC

But want it to figure out:

SELECT FT_TBL.ProductAuto, FT_TBL.ProductID, FT_TBL.ProductDesc,
KEY_TBL.RANK
FROM  dbo.Product FT_TBL INNER JOIN
  CONTAINSTABLE(Product, ProductID, '%15140%', 10) KEY_TBL ON _  <---<<
  FT_TBL.ProductAuto = KEY_TBL.[KEY]
WHERE  CONTAINS(FT_TBL.ProductID, 'FORMSOF(INFLECTIONAL,"%15140%")') <---<<
ORDER BY KEY_TBL.RANK DESC

<tip type="More Keyboard Short Cuts Accidentally Discovered"
author="Rob.Smith">
Alt+Delete deletes the next word before the cursor
</tip>
and don't ask me how I got 1 1/2" line spacing. I hit a bunch of keys at the
same time and hope something comes out the other end. Kind of like the way I
program :-\

p.s. Aardvark, It looks as if I won't be able to join the conference this
time. Under x-treme pressure to get a whole new site released in two weeks,
two weeks ago.