[thelist] Macromedia.com redesigned

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Wed Mar 5 17:36:18 CST 2003

Peekstok, Anna wrote:

>--
>John, I've had a professional interest in web site accessibility for a
>number of years, and my understanding is that the way to achieve it is not
>to design separate versions for a specific application or situation (i.e.,
>screen readers),

In defence of macromedia, when the "html" cookie is accepted, and you go
back to the home page, you get essentially the same content, but with
images and html in place of the "Falsh" ( ;) ). When you navigate to
other site sections (for example the link that John posted earlier) you
get the same type of site treatment (based on your cookie setting).
Essentially it seems to be the *same* site but with the navigation and
other features altered to suit non-flash users.
It would be cool (and yes, I did suggest this in the survey) to give the
non flash option on the home page, as even return visits to the page get
the "loading" dialog.

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com